FEMA Daily Advisory: Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic Whole-of-America Response
- May 11, 2020
- May 8, 2020
- May 6, 2020
- May 5, 2020
- May 2, 2020
- May 1, 2020
- April 30, 2020
- April 22, 2020
- April 21, 2020
- April 19, 2020
- April 18, 2020
- April 17, 2020
- April 16, 2020
- April 15, 2020
- April 12, 2020
- April 11, 2020
- April 10, 2020
- April 9, 2020
- April 8, 2020
- April 7, 2020
- May 2020 CISA Insights – COVID-19 Disinformation Activity
- Coronavirus Emergency Management Best Practices Page
- CISA – Guidance on the Essential Critical Infrastructure Workforce (April 17, 2020)
- Disaster Financial Management Guide (April 17, 2020)
- Public Assistance Funds Allow for the Purchase and Distribution of Food (April 14, 2020)
- Applying the Defense Production Act (April 14, 2020)
- Best Practices for PPE Preservation (April 13, 2020)
- Project Airbridge (April 13, 2020)
- Coronavirus International Reagent Resource (April 13, 2020)
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Pandemic Messaging and Resource Links (Updated: April 11, 2020)
- HHS Letter to Hospital Administrators (April 10, 2020)
- COVID-19 Supply Chain Stabilization (April 8, 2020)
COVID-19 Supplemental – Fiscal Year 2020 Emergency Management Performance Grant Program
- April 13, 2020 FEMA announced $100 million ($2,066,185 Arizona) in supplemental performance grants available to assist with public health and emergency management activities supporting the prevention, preparation and response to COVID-19.
- Application deadline is at least one day prior to the April 28, 2020 application deadline and only one application is allowed per state or territory – Anticipated award date May 8, 2020.
- All 50 state, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico receive a base amount of 0.75 percent of the total available funding appropriated through the EMPG-S program, American Samoa, Guam, the Commonwealth of the Northern Mariana Islands, and the U.S. Virgin Islands receive a base amount of 0.25 and the rest is distributed based on population-share basis.
- Cost match is 50% and can be either cash (hard match) or third party in-kind (soft match)
- February 2020 Preparation Grant Guide, Supplemental FAQ’s, Homeland Security Supplemental Guidance, Notice of Funding Opportunity
FEMA Public Assistance Funding
President Trump Issued Two Emergency Declarations Under the Safford Act and National Emergencies Act invoking a National Emergency under the Safford Act provided access nearly $50 billion to address COVID-19
Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security Act (CARES Act) Public Law No: 115-136
- Provides an additional $45 billion into FEMA’s Disaster Relief Fund to assist state and local governments in their efforts to mitigate the spread of COVID-19 and protect public health with $25 billion for assistance with major disaster declarations and $15 billion for other disaster assistance (page 702)
- Provides $400 million for prevention, preparation and response to the coronavirus and will be divided in the following ways: $100 million for Assistance to Firefighter grants for the purchase of protective gear, supplies and related reimbursements; $100 million for Emergency Management Performance Grants; and $200 million for the Emergency Food and Shelter Program Provides additional funding for federal assistance (page 703)
- Simplified Application – March 23rd
- Creating a simplified online form to explain work activities, answer basic questions, provide limited supporting documentation, and provide a cost estimate.
- FEMA and the recipient will review this information, follow up with limited requests for additional information if necessary, and award assistance.
- Emergency declaration authorized Public Assistance Category B reimbursement for emergency protective measures.
- Does not include infrastructure repair and replacement, which are needed after typical natural disasters and will allow FEMA to eliminate application steps including: eliminating exploratory calls, recovery scoping meetings, and most site inspections; and reducing documentation requirements to the minimum needed to support Category B reimbursement
- 75% federal cost share for eligible activities under the Public Assistance Program, Category B
- Public Assistance Grant Portal (Need to Register), Open Enrollment Site
- Prior to funding, recipients must sign FEMA-State/Tribal/Territorial Agreements, submit signed Federal Grant Applications (SF-424), and update Recipient Public Assistance Administrative Plans.
- Public Assistance Program and Policy Guide (April 2018)
- Simplified Application – March 23rd